Tuesday, August 21, 2007

"The Spot"


One of my faithful blog readers wondered why I didn't post a picture of "The Spot." I refused to stand in front of it...like a zillion other tourists, but I did take a picture as I am a Beatle-phile. For those wondering, this is the sight of Lennon's murder -- in the archway where the doormen are standing. After I took this picture, a family of six had their picture taken in the archway. Tacky. BTW, they sell Beatle pictures across the street in Central Park, and I asked C if she knew who John Lennon was. She only knew Paul's picture-- I'm not sure what to think of all this...

7 comments:

Louie said...

Oh, man! Where's the touristy cheese? Cool, very far away, pic! Were you afraid Lennon's ghost would show up in your picture? I think I would have had to do a probably illegal, totally tasteless, completely insensitive murder reenactment.

Perhaps C would like a Beatles chord book to go with NIN. Those two sound very complementary. :-)

pam said...

I am sure mead would have something to do with your desire to re-enact the murder ;)

Louie said...

You have a point there. Perhaps it's my theatrical streak. Or maybe just a good ol' dose of Texan, "Hey y'all! Watch this!" I'd have paid money for a cheesy, tacky picture there.

Jody said...

She totally needs some Beatles downloads for her iPod. And she must see the movies.

Then we shall quiz her. ;*)

The really important question is, does she know who Peter Thorkelson is?

pam said...

She doesn't know that either -- but she does know that Mom and Aunt Jojo talked to one of the Monkees on the phone. That's another story, huh.

Louie said...

Surely not dreamy Davey Jones?

pam said...

No -- my best friend's favorite -- Peter Tork (nee Thorkelson)