Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Enchanted Garden

Our landscaper and his crew finished the backyard last week. While I am downloading the million and one pictures from the NYC trip, here are these bits of lovely to share with you. Yes, ladies and gentlemen -- the pool is finally done. Now our pool designer is busy picking a paint color for the house -- yes, I know that is a bit backwards in the logic, but the house hasn't been painted in almost twenty years and our designer is a control freak.


A veritable oasis.


Pretty native roses.


On this day, the temperature was 105 degrees. I am surprised I didn't melt.


Italian cypresses behind the wall/waterfall with roses, hibiscus and bouganvilla in pots on top. Roses are also in the ground.



My herb garden redux -- I don't know exactly what's in it, but it's pretty! (The only vestige of the past is the rosemary bush from my little house on Kenwick -- it's almost 18 years old!)




Palms around the edge of the yard -- and grass!!! for the first time in almost seven months. No more dog with mud all over herself.




More roses, Texas sage, mountain laurel and other things I don't know -- but they sure are pretty. I would never have made it as a botanist.



I really need to get the landscapers' "key." It is embarassing not knowing what all this stuff is called. I love the river rocks he placed in piles throughout the yard.

3 comments:

Jody said...

Gorgeous! THey did a fantastic job. Can you imagine how lush it is going to be after a few seasons!!

I love the little "beach" part of the pool. Perfect for lounging in on a hot day.

pam said...

Yeah, that beach area is cool. Our pool guy calls it the "wading area." I like to put a chair in it and dabble my feet. It is also a great place for little ones to play in the water. Grandkids someday??? Please come see it!!! Escape the hurricane?

Louie said...

That's beautimous! "Oasis" is dead on, too. What a change from the pool ground-breaking phase. You need a colour-coordinated house, too, don't you? Clever pool dude!

Hope you had a wunnerful trip!