Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Big Night!

Bee and her new iPod Nano -- red with vibrant pink skin (the iPod, not the baby!!)


Lovely risotto made with Sicilian white wine (Kyos brand -- Grillos). Lovely for drinking, too! Scored a bottle from the wine expert downtown. It's light and slightly fruity. I am a die-hard buttery Chardonnay lover, and this is an effort to get out of the Cakebread/Rombauer rut.



Chef Doctor and his amazing risotto. Tonight's dinner served with pork tenderloin and roasted carrots and fennel. Bravisimo!


Hubby and I watched the most outstanding food movie last night. I have seen it a few times before (it's a 1996 flick), but I always enjoy watching it. The Italian food scenes are to die for -- especially watching all the folks enjoying a multi-course feast. The name of the movie? Big Night. Buy it -- rent it -- download it from Netflix. Whatever you do, watch this movie. It's got a great moral message, too.


All the Italian food made me so hungry -- so my personal chef is in the kitchen tonight fixing me up some of his famous risotto. YUM!! By the way, we don't party for NYE -- it's much more fun to party with the girls here at home. Bee is dancing and singing with her new iPod Nano. Who needs entertainment when you have that? High School Musical Non Stop!!


By the way, I made lasagne earlier this week. It's a recipe from the big yellow Gourmet cookbook made with veal, Italian sausage and ground chuck, ricotta, mozzarella and parmigiana reggiano. I substituted Rice Lasagne noodles. You would not be able to tell the difference. Amazing, amazing advancements in the food arena for celiacs. Thank you, God!!

2 comments:

Jody said...

What an amazing dinner. The tenderloin sounds so yummy to me. I also love beef Wellington. Mmmmmm.

Will check out the video. We love to watch cooking shows. We did not do the 7 fish this year as we were all sick. We did have fried and raw oysters and homemade tamales. Mmmm. Next year, if everyone is well, we will do the 7 fishes as usual.

The Doc is so handsome P. Hubba hubba!

pam said...

Thank you!! :) We both have "keeper" husbands, don't we?