Yes, I know I am delinquent in posts, sending out Christmas cards, and just about everything else. On top of all this, the little "gizmo" (I have no idea what to call it) that allows me to transfer photo card images to the computer is dead. The new iMac killed it, and it is no more. Because I am in the middle (literally) of finals, I have no energy or desire to go to Best Buy to replace it. This task will just have to wait.
Once again, I am invoking the aid of St. Joseph of Cupertino to assist in my final exam this evening. I will also have to find a saint to help me complete a paper that I have to give to Simon in one more week. I spent too much time analyzing the results of the methodological portion (love it when the numbers back up my theory), and now I am left to write the analysis, which I am dreading.
I have put off taking comprehensive exams until September. I am exhausted and in pain. I plan on on making an appointment with the family orthopedist (my Dad is his most regular customer) to get my neck fixed (love that PT with Stephanie). Perhaps nine months of recovery and slow and steady studying will help me make a good showing on the exams.
We're going to Disneyland after the first of the year, and then four days after we get back, I am off to New Orleans for the Southern Political Science Association annual meeting. Simon and I are co-authoring a paper (the one mentioned above) that we will present on a panel down there. I actually won a travel award for this conference.
What else...oh yes, Christmas is coming. Need to put up the tree. Glad we have one of those with the lights already attached to it. Plug it in and you're ready to go! Nifty. I also plan on catching up with those dear friends (and you know who you are) that I have neglected during this period of craziness.
And just because it makes me think of warmer weather, and it's just darn cute, I put up a picture of B from 2-1/2 years ago. HULA!

1 comment:
That picture is adorable.
I propose that you ask that lovely teen you have if she will snap the tree together while you finish up your papah! I am seriously thinking that is why God gave us teens. They are most awesome helpers.
We will catch up soon. I may come to Ft. Worth after Christmas if my mom does not come here. She fell and hurt her arm and shoulder pretty bad and is waiting to see if she tore anything.
If I do, I am thinking a shopping day with a stop at the 'Bucs for some cawfee is in order so you can tell me about your neck.
Good luck on finishing your paper. Just keep your eye on the finish line.
Post a Comment