Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thank you St. Joseph of Cupertino!

I had a linear modeling (statistics) exam last night. The professor is hard (I had her last semester). I was scared. Tuesday night we entertained the Friars for dinner because Fr. Leo (a homeboy) was in town. This past weekend, I didn't study, but chose to go to lunch and the Art Museum with two Friars, the Bishop and the Communion Liberation group. So there you have it. I was in a jam. I had studied a little, but not enough.

After the Friars left around 10:30 on Tuesday, I ran to the Internet to find a patron saint for Test Taking. Score - -found St. Joseph of Cupertino. I said his little prayer (several times between Tuesday night and Wednesday night), and guess what...I breezed through that test. No hang-ups or snags. I knew the material and even surprised myself that I was able to complete the SAS programming portion of the test without any anxiety or sweating blood.

So in return for the graces of this wonderful little saint, I am publicly thanking him (and the Almighty of course). I encourage those of you who might face an exam or an airplane flight to visit with St. Joseph of Cupertino -- he won't let you down. No pun intended!

By the way -- St. Joseph of Cupertino was a Franciscan -- just like my buddies over at the friary.
The Prayer:
http://www.ecatholic2000.com/pray/prayer50.shtml

About St. Joseph of Cupertino:
http://saints.sqpn.com/saintj04.htm

5 comments:

Louie said...

That's pretty darn cool! You ought to be able to finish up with minimal studying, eh? (jk) Greetings to Fr Leo if you see him again.

pam said...

LOL!! Yeah, just kidding. I told Fr. Leo that you met him and was friends with his brother. He remembered going to your house with his bro. I should yell at you when he's in town again and you and Shooby could join us for gluten free barbecue at Spring Creek!

Louie said...

I could think of nothing I would like better! Sounds, well, very "paleo" ... ;-)

Jody said...

Congrats chic!!!!

I want BBQ from Spring Creek. Man, I love that place. The rolls....and the sauce...the rolls in the sauce. And the ribs! Mmmmmm.

When I come up at the end of May we will got there.

pam said...

You got a deal! Let's do it!