Tuesday, March 18, 2008

A Taste of Spring in the Air

Although it is raining pretty steadily and heavily today, we've had a rash of beautiful days which made a certain girl (C.) think about hanging out by the pool. The little one was content to hang out inside as she knows the water is still too cold, and she is not into the sunbathing thing. On a side note, the house is now gluten free -- B. tested positive for celiac sprue last week, so she and I, and all those we love, are now on a GF diet. Personally, I have never felt better -- no migraines in almost three weeks. That is a miracle. It's been an interesting Lenten season to say the least.







4 comments:

Louie said...

Those are surely some happy spring pics!!! Happy (very rainy) equinox! Miss B is surely enjoying some, what? New furniture??? Très assez, amie!

And nothing like Cheetos, Dr Pepper, and the trusty iPod by the pool. Spring has sprung.

Waiting for the post-Lent blowout post. I made one comment at work, just once, that I gave up Lent for Lent and it sure spread around. I got some good ribbing from some hamburger-sacrificing-much skinnier-co-workers today about it.

So very glad to hear about the un-sad loss of your migraines. (So THAT'S what it was ... ;-) )

pam said...

Yes, quite a post-Lenten blowout. Did you remember I cannot eat anything I truly enjoy anymore? And I thought I was going to have a post-Lenten feed at Cici's Pizza. Yeah right. With celiac, the gifts of Lent keep on giving...and giving...and giving.

Louie said...

Blowouts are relative, I suppose, and I hope I'm not coming across as insensitive or uncaring! There are some things I'm sensitive to ... besides sobriety, I mean ... like sugars, and I'm concerned about it. I'm having it tested at my physical.

But if it's pizza you want, I have a great recipe for a nut and veggie (gluten free, I believe) pizza. Dang sure ain't low fat, though! I'll get it to ya; it may be up your alley.

Jody said...

The girls are adorable. I am really anxious to see them this summer. HINT HINT.

Have you figured out some gluten-free pizza?

You need to make a gluten free recipe website. I can imagine with your cooking, even gluten-free is pretty tasty. Can you make a recipe blog for gluten free?