Jody asked me to start a gluten free recipe blog. Well, I am going to give in to her on some level. Because I am doing well to post infrequently to this blog, I think it would spell DEMISE to start another blog. I know myself well enough to know it would be abandoned within a month -- maybe less. So I will start here on the little Chimayo blog with test-driven recipes that reflect our new lifestyle as celiacs. Here's the first one:
Easter (tomorrow) will have the Mc family feasting on Spring Creek Barbecue with the "gealach-y" clan up the street (my parents). This is a great restaurant with lots of locations in north Texas. The owners are savvy to celiacs and Brother Mariano (our celiac friar) and his dad highly recommended it to us. So tomorrow, we'll pick up sausage and brisket, cole slaw, beans, potato salad, iced tea, pickles, onions, jalapenos and NO GLUTEN!! What a feast. They prepare the meat on a separate cutting board so there is no cross contamination. Even those who eat in the restaurant can ask for this kind of preparation. They're throwing in a bag of rolls for those in the family who are still able to partake of the gluten. And as Texas natives know, those Spring Creek rolls are killer. Is this paleo, Louie?
Happy Easter (almost!)!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
It's absolutely Paleo, except for the potato salad! When I was a dedicated neanderthin (about 55 pounds ago, remember?) I went to Spring Creek, Cousins, and Red, Hot, and Blue *all* the time. Basically you just leave off grains and legumes and sugar (except for occasional natural honey). I have legumes and grains (yes, the liquid kind) for my 55 pound recovery.
I think Jody had a great idea! But I *totally* agree with your take on how another blog would turn out. You might creat a label for gluten free recipes and such, such as you already have (celiac), or create one such as "Gluten-free recipes" or "Celiac recipes." That way we could select those labels and just those blogs would come up!
Good idea, friend. I'll put on a clear label so you can call up the GF stuff. Care to join me on the diet??
I need to join you on a diet of some kind, or something! I've got the post-conference bloated blues!!! This is one fat boy who clearly over-indulged in New Orleans. So much for my plan for Lent from some weeks ago.
Did you get your breadmaker you'd talked about, and, if so, did you find and try any GF recipes with it? If so I think that would make a great little post. I may have to break out my Breadman if you found something worth trying.
Yes I got the Breadman and have made about six loaves with it. I have also ordered 22 pounds of bread mix from Amazon. I will do that post when I sober up.
LOL!!! On Holy Saturday, too! You crack me up.
We are so there when I come up after school lets out. I want the ribs.........and the bread, oh yes the bread.
I agree with louini that you could have a Gluten-free category....maybe post a recipe with photos each week?
Post a Comment