Sunday, March 23, 2008

He is Risen!!

Happy Easter to everyone! Before I go off to the parents' house, here is a photo essay of our morning. First church, then Easter egg hunt in back of the church school. Wonderful day.

The beautiful sanctuary.


Altar to St. Joseph.



This picture doesn't do our church windows justice. This one is the annunciation. The altar to the Blessed Mother is to the right of the window and to the left of the Sacred Heart of Jesus.


My favorite Carmelite -- St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

C. after being popped in the head with a confetti egg (by her mom!).




Our beloved clergy -- Deacon Hector and Father David.

Getting ready for church...


Lined up for the hunt.


This little girl gave B. some of her candy after the hunt was over.


5 comments:

Louie said...

What a heart-warming post! B & C look so very excited about Easter! It's clear you had a very happy day! Is that St Mary? I've never gone there. It's wonderful to see the Communion rail in place still. But what ... no pics of Truly Yours? You need to have at least one of yourself in there!

Again ... a beautiful, heart-warming post! All the best to your wonderful family.

pam said...

yes, that is St. Mary. Spot on, brotha. Yes, no pics of me. I will give the camera to someone in the near future and take care of that. Best to the V. family too!! It's a good day. Now if only I could eat some French Bread...sigh. Oh by the way -- yes, the communion is in place -- perfect for the Sunday Latin Mass. Forgot to ask -- are you hand or mouth?

Louie said...

Mouth on the knees, sistah! I used to proudly hold up the Communion line. I heard they took the Communion rail out at the cathedral. If so, that's a very sad day for me. We used to line up kneeling there at noon Mass for Communion. Say it ain't so!

Jody said...

That church is gorgeous! Stunning!

The girls are so pretty. I want to see them soon. It has been too long. I am planning to come when the boys get out of school in May. Plan on us raiding your pool and heading to Spring Creek!"

pam said...

Sounds like a plan! I can hardly wait!!