Saturday, May 2, 2009

Weekend in Little Rock




















In the midst of the end-of-semester frenzy, we took off for Little Rock to spend the weekend with Jillian and Ricky. They have a lovely home in North Little Rock, which they graciously opened to us. It was so nice to not have to sleep at a hotel!! We went to Mass on Saturday afternoon at St. Andrew's Cathedral in downtown LR. Afterward we went back home to enjoy a delicious meal prepared by Ricky. I had the best barbecue brisket ever (his mother's recipe) and happily found out that Brigid and I can eat Kraft's Barbecue Sauce. This is the best barbecue sauce ever -- Annie's organic BBQ sauce just never did cut it.


All in all, it was a nice break from the end of school rush. My last paper is due next week -- then it's non-stop studying 'til September when I have my comprehensive exams and orals. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Jody said...

Looks like a fun time had by all.

You lost weight my dear. Don't forget to eat lots of good lean protein during all that studying etc.! I have been having to force myself to stop and eat a healthy meal these days...just too busy!!

pam said...

You're sweet. You and I both tend to lose weight during stressful (for me) and busy (for you) times. You were looking pretty thin in your surf shop post. So you keep eating, too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pics! I'm just now catching up on my blog reading. Ok, gotta go read more. ;-)