Friday, May 8, 2009

Sewing Project No. 1

Amy Butler for Brigid's duvet?

Jansdotter fabric. Love. Maybe I should splurge on this for the duvet?



John Robshaw bed linens from Finch in Austin. Decadence.


I cannot stand it any longer. It is time to haul out the Janome. Aunt Margaret would be proud. I pulled out my Lotta Jansdotter book last night, and found a duvet cover I want to stitch up. A new one is in order for Brigid. She has one from Ralph Lauren that I bought at the San Marcos outlet mall when Jody and I went there back in the mid 90s. Yes, it has been a while. I really like the Jansdotter fabrics, but they are crazy expensive ($44 per yard). I like the Amy Butler designs, too. I found 6 yards on ebay that might work out well. I have to ponder this, though.


The house is in need of new paint in several rooms, windows need cleaning, I tell you that the house is in disrepair because of the school pre-occupation. So this summer I am going to sort it all out. And while I am at it, I would love to have some John Robshaw bed linens.

No comments: