Reese and Brother Patrick (with little Jonas)
Monday, February 4, 2008
Super Bowl Party -- Catholic Style
Our little family hosted a Super Bowl watching party this weekend. We invited Reese and Lori (along with Jackson and Jonas) and our town's fabulous friars: Fr. Michael, Br. Patrick, Br. Peter and Br. Mariano. We enjoyed evening prayer during the half-time festivities and ate loads of tamales, borracho beans, rice, cakes, chili con queso and orange slices. The Giants pulled off a win for our Long Island native, Fr. Michael, and we sent the Friars home with enough food to last them until Lent (this Wednesday!). Words cannot express how much we all enjoyed the most extraordinary company.


Brother Mariano and his guitar for evening prayer.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

9 comments:
Look like you guys had a blast!
Hey, my torta rustica is in the oven baking. Whew, it is fun to make but time consuming! I'll post a pic and how it turned out...hey, can I link to your website yet?
Yes, please link to my website! I am ready for more traffic. Brother Mariano said that their site had actually received hits from my blog. They discovered my blog through a sitemeter! Talk about freaky! I guess that's one like you have, right?
PLEASE!!! PLEASE post a picture of the Torta Rustica and anything else you make out of that book. I am dying to see some authentic Mediterranean goodies. :)
How fun! After watching the end of the game, though, I can't help but wonder if Fr Michael might've said an extra prayer or two for the Giants.
What do YOU think?? :)
That's what I thought. They don't call them "Hail Mary" passes for nothin'!
Hi Pam! I found my way here from Jody's website! I have absolutely loved looking at all your pictures. You look the same since high school! What a lovely family, Pam.
I'm planning on coming to your city this summer and Jody is meeting me - we should get together. It would be great to see you.
Love,
Shelley Flanagan (McMillan)
Shelley!
I would love to see you, too!! Please let me know when you are coming!! I will send you an email through Jody. Thanks for visiting my site -- I am looking forward to meeting your sweet family, as well.
Love, Pam
Okay girlie. It is time for an update.
How's school?
I'm with Jody; update!
Post a Comment