
My in-house model shows off my latest (and possibly greatest) sewing creation -- "The Sherry" Kimono Bathrobe. I have been working on this kimono bathrobe for the past three weeks in between public management, disasters and econometrics. This enables me to use both sides of my brain.
The kimono is a present for "Angel" for her birthday. A little something to say thank-you for saving the child and me from New York. Fabric: Amy Butler from PurlSoho, New York City; Pattern: Amy Butler from the In Stitches book (love it). This is a fabulous creation if I do say so myself -- I worked really hard on it and the effort paid off. If you don't sew, great fabric is EVERYTHING! And PurlSoho has GREAT fabric. C and I filled a suitcase with the stuff when we came back from NYC. Now finding time to sew it all into lovely creations!
A close-up of the kimono. It's such a sumptuous and lovely fabric. I'm quite pleased.

Here is another pretty creation -- she is wearing her favorite navy polo for Wednesdays, which is pre-vocational training day at her school. They wear these shirts to be professional, and B is in charge of a different (and important) chore at school every Wednesday-- might be sweeping, cleaning up the lunchroom after lunch, stapling papers and sorting them --good stuff that makes her feel productive and really happy. I love her school. They make this girl feel like a million every day.
1 comment:
Wow! Your hem lines are perfect. You are freaking me out that you are sewing!! I love it.
I have some satin fabric and a pattern that I want to use to make Mia some night gowns...I just have not had the time.
Post a Comment