Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Elderly Man Receives New Eyes -- Now Sees Better Than His First-Born

Ok, Jody. Here is your post from your slacker friend who is trying deperately to finish her Ph.D. But I will take the time to post some pictures that amuse me.

I took these yesterday of my dad who just had the lens in his right eye replaced. Poof! No more cataracts! He had the left one done a few weeks ago. They cycle 43 oldsters per day through this surgery center. And they all now have the vision of a 20-year old.

Now my 75-year-old father has better eyesight than I do. These old people are going to have so many parts replaced that they will be healthier than their children. They will live forever. Part go bad? Just replace it! He already has a new shoulder (from a couple of years ago). And people wonder why he beats my husband at tennis. It's the machine age all over again. I'm living it. C. and I thought it was pretty weird that the newly "done" eye is red in the picture, and the other one is not. I still cannot get over that his eyesight is better than mine. Hmph.




Little Charlie Johnny-Mop and his new eyes (which see better than his grandaughter's!!)
Oh, and one more thing. All the scabs on his head are from the Efudex lotion chemotherapy that his dermo gave him. All the cancerous spots fall off leaving new skin, like a baby's behind. Now his skin will look better than mine!!







3 comments:

Jody said...

LOL! on his skin being better than ours too. Can I snag some of that lotion?

That is weird that the one eye is red...just in time for trick or treat!!

He is so adorable. I love that he poses for the shots...too fun.

I think men age so much more gracefully than we do....bionic eyes and all!

pam said...

Yeah, men do age more gracefully. I think we talked about this on your blog!!

LOL!! He is truly set for Halloween, no??

pam said...

The eye is only red in the photos -- just because his eye is so much more dilated than the other one. But it looks much better today.