Friday, April 18, 2008

Birthday Party #1

When one turns 40-something, several good celebrations are paramount and mandatory. Tuesday evening, we had a Grayfriar style party with the whole gang.

Birthday girl in fine form.

After the barbecue feed -- Fr. Joseph wears Springcreek on his habit.


Br. Mariano and Lori love that almond champagne.

Mr. Jackson Reese...

C. and Fr. Joseph get into some Guitar Hero competition.






Lori, C., Margaret and F. in the background.

Frs. Michael and Joseph approve of Lori's champagne choice.



My pastor -- Fr. David.


Mr. Jonas Ephrem.

Reese and one of two sons.

I am about to enjoy one of my fine presents from Lori.

Fr. David and Janice. Like us, they are former Episcopalians. I have known these fine folks for more than 15 years.

Brothers Patrick and Peter await evening prayer. Brother Patrick grew up on a farm in Ireland. Brother Peter is our token "Brit" - he is an Anglican convert from the UK. Granddad stands to the left in the kitchen -- looking for leftovers.

1 comment:

Jody said...

Happy birthday!!! I hope you had a mawvelous day with lots of love!