Friday, January 11, 2008

A Little Taste of New Orleans

Only on Bourbon Street -- a dancing grenade in front of a bar.


Just back from a quick trip to New Orleans to the Southern Political Science Association. I presented a paper on a panel about collaborative management and networking. I got to show off my stuff with this methodology for empirical network analysis. It is quite heady stuff to present one's work. It's frightening to have it out there for criticism and comments. Anyhow, I had a nice time, but little time for sightseeing.
I did go out on Wednesday night and got these wonderful shots of St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square. In an obligatory nod to French Quarter traditions, I did have a hurricane at Pat O'Brien's -- except I had the bartender make it a "breeze." My friend Jojo needs to try THAT rum drink ;).
Will definitely return with the husband in tow.




The Sacred Heart of Jesus in back of the Cathedral.


The streets were practically deserted after the LSU game exodus.







1 comment:

Louie said...

AWESOMENESS!!! That pic of the Sacred Heart with the shadow is to die for; way to go! The shadow is something else!

Should you and Doc ever feel the need to Nouvelle-Orléans and need a crew, Shooby and Louini are your there for you! We're shooting for the March trip.

Great post.