Sunday, October 21, 2007

Coming Full Circle

Yesterday we received our annullment letters in the mail. After waiting for 18 months, it is finally done. F. and I sighed a sigh of extreme relief, and he gifted me with a picture of Pope Benedict for our mantle.

Less than 12 hours after we received those letters, Aunt Margaret (who was one of my annullment witnesses) passed into paradise with Christ. She died at 12:48 a.m. -- on a Sunday like my grandmother and grandfather before her. She breathed her last after I made it to her hospital bedside after streaking down I-30 at 80 miles an hour reciting Hail Marys asking the Blessed Mother to get me there before time was up. I annointed her with holy water from Chimayo, and she left us. It was hard to let her go -- she left behind a large, devoted and adoring family and countless friends.

There were so many miracles throughout the cancer/hospice journey, I can't even begin to relate them. All I know is that my aunt was instrumental in helping us make another journey--the one from Chimayo, and I will miss her terribly as we enter into full communion with the Catholic Church in a very short time.

Thank you Aunt Margaret -- you have helped me become a soldier for Christ, and I will make you proud. I love you.

St. George -- one of my favorite soldiers of Christ. This is my goal after Profession of Faith.


Aunt Margaret in February 2006 -- before we knew she was sick with colon cancer.


February 2006 -- Uncle Bill, dh and Aunt Margaret at dh's birthday party.


August 2007 at C and B's birthday party.

No comments: