Ok. Now for the subject du jour. I bought my dad a gizmo for his birthday last year that reads slides and converts them into jpegs. In typical "Dad" fashion, the thing sat unopened for one year. 'Til today. He brought it down to me this morning, and instead of reviewing fund accounting, I had fun installing software and scanning a few slides that I had on hand. My Dad was an avid photographer before B. came along. His excuse for not photographing, "I'm retired." So I have taken up that mantle (well I did a long time ago, but now I am a stand-alone). I ordered myself a new Leica camera as a "I survived Financial Accountability" present and scanned these fun photos that my Dad took in the early 60s. Enjoy!
My grandfather and Uncle Bill.
Dad, Aunt Karen, my grandfather and Mrs. Curtis in Meridian.
My Grandfather standing in the driveway of a friend of my Dad's. Later, my parents bought a home just down the hill from where he is standing. When F. and I go on walks in the evening, we walk right by this driveway, and I think of my Granddad.



4 comments:
How fun! Good lord your mom is so lovely.
Thanks -- she looks so much like C. it's uncanny!
Oh, and the Leica....are you getting the MP?
YIKES, NO!! That would be more like a GRADUATION present. Sure would be nice, though. No, I bought the "cheapo" Leica -- C-LUX 2 7.2MP Digital Camera with 3.6x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom. I am tired of lugging my Nikon all over creation on my trips, and I wanted something to just put in my purse. I have been in love with Leicas ever since I was not allowed to touch my Dad's. So I saw this in a magazine a few months ago, and it was love at first site. I ordered it from a camera shop on Amazon this morning. It even comes with a cognac leather case. Yum!
Another important note about having a GOOD camera. The first photo of my Granddad on this entry was taken with my Dad's Leica, purchased in the late 50s. The clarity is amazing, no?!!
I think it's time for you to graduate to a Leica, my friend. How's the "hurricane" today??
Post a Comment